Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Toyota Blue Grass Stakes~ Keeneland- Lexington, KY-

I've only had the pleasure of going to Keeneland a few times in my life, and last week my husband and I decided that we would go.  Of course being slow and all because it was the weekend we didn't get out of town until around noon and by the time we got to Lexington the traffic was horrific and the line was long- I decided I would wear my new cute top and heels- YES- people I said HEELS.. what was I thinking?  Needless to say I had to take them off and walk barefoot all the way to the gate and mind you- we were almost parked at the airport or so it seemed, I "bet" we walked 2 miles.- my feet were KILLING ME.  I won't even act the least bit like my husband had a hard day, as he decided he was NOT going to dress up, he would be comfortable and wear jeans, his Nike's and he would do me a favor and wear his polo shirt. (at least we matched)   It ended up being a record breaking attendance day with there being more than 40,000 people. The day was great overall, with the weather being impeccable and me like a kid in a candy store with my macro lens- Did I say how in LOVE I am with this lens? The day couldn't get much better- Although we didn't come home with a BIG WIN- I still got in a few great shots- up close and personal.

Remember if you decide to go to Keeneland PLEASE wear your flats. Lesson Learned!



The image below is of Dullahan- winner of the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes-
Dullahan will go on to race in the Kentucky Derby. 



No comments:

Post a Comment