Thursday, April 12, 2012

Get Inspired by~Jasmine Star

I have always had a love for natural light- on-location photography reading anything and everything I could so that I could better myself- and I am still learning.

In the past I have questioned "if" I really have what it takes to be a great photographer and I'm not sure most photographers would admit that although I know that most all have thought it at one point or another.  I used to find myself wondering if others were judging me or comparing me to someone else- now not so much I've come to realize that we are all unique individuals and have different shooting styles; and my style may not be for everyone..... so don't compare me.

After taking several photography classes at the community college and at camera shops in the Lexington and Louisville area and doing tons of research online and making sure I had lots of PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE I stumbled upon a blog by Jasmine Star, a Top Ten Wedding Photographer in the California area featured in many magazines; after reading Jasmine's story and watching all of her videos and buying her magazine "EXPOSED" I was mesmerized by all she had to say and the inspiration she had given me and at that moment I knew in my heart that YES- I do have what it takes- I may not be a full time photographer with a studio-, and my style may not be what everyone likes, but YES- Jasmine inspired me to be confident with who I am as a photographer and not to be afraid to take a chance and to put myself out there for those who wanted me to photograph them for their special event~ Since that time which has been several years now I have had many people ask me to photograph them and the best part is NO I'm not perfect and YES, I give it all I've got and will work hard to make you happy. In the last several years I along with my business partner we have had the pleasure to shoot more than eighty weddings, and have photographed many seniors. I'm excited to see where my business goes, and am ready for the challenge.

If you want to be inspired I would encourage you to do the same and watch Jasmine's video and check out her blog- even if you're not a photographer Jasmine has this special way of talking to you, a special way to make you feel right at home and to inspire you; she shares a quote that her husband said to her when she was deciding to  give up law school to become a professional photographer- JD said "I would rather see you fail at something you love than succeed at something you hate".  and how true is that???  After hearing this it made me extremely thankful that I have two jobs that I love- one in the newspaper industry in sales and the other as a photographer. Life is good!

CHECK IT OUT~Once again Jasmine THANK YOU~ Be sure to check out the video  ChaseJarvisLive with Jasmine Star or click here to visit her website http://www.jasmine-star.com/ Or her blog- http://www.jasminestarblog.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment